- February 5th, 2015
- 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Provider: Pennyroyal Center
Date(s): 2/5/15 – 2/6/15
Times: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (both days)
Location: Pennyroyal Regional Office, 3999 Ft. Campbell Blvd., Hopkinsville, KY 42240
Objectives and Outcomes of ASIST
- Identify pervasive personal and societal attitudes about suicide that would be most amenable to immediate intervention, in patients, caregivers, support systems, and communities.
- Identify and create flexible guidance and support systems for high-risk patients that are community and caregiver-based vs. relying exclusively on referral for inpatient hospitalization.
- Create clinically useful and evidence-based plans of safety vs. the less effective “safety contract method.”
- Introduce and train usage of the evidence-based Risk Review and Safeplan Guide as an evidence-based practice strategy for solo practitioners, small groups, agencies, large systems, and communities.
- Train clinicians in improving bystander responses through the use of the suicide first-aid model.
- Assist clinicians in recognizing the very important “what next” step, following resolution of the initial crisis: the recovery-based strategies of Life Promotion (family, personal, and community-based) to continue the building of suicide-safe service systems.
**NOTE** Although this training is approved by NASW-KY, it is provided by Pennyroyal. If you have any questions regarding this training or wish to attend, please contact the Pennyroyal Center.